Fall internship applications are due July 1.
Communications and Marketing
How to apply
Fill out and submit an application form along with the following requested materials in one PDF document, in the following order:
- Cover letter with brief personal statement, outline of career goals, and specification of departmental internship(s) for which you’re applying. If applying for more than 1 internship (up to 3 allowed), do not submit different applications for each—just specify top choices.
- Resume listing relevant courses, previous experience, and special skills. No transcripts please.
- 2 academic and/or professional references. Please include phone number and email.
- 2 writing samples, no more than 3 pages each
- Choose examples that show both your style and capability.
- Examples: articles, research papers, business letters, press releases, etc.
- Creative writing samples are not accepted.
- Graphic Design, Multimedia/Social media, AND Photography applicants also need to submit design samples
- Writing samples are not required for the following positions: Apprenticeships, Accounting, Graphic Design, Information Technology, Photography, Multimedia, and Production & Sound.
Please make sure the application form you are sending is appropriate to the season for which you are applying. If the application form posted on our website is not current, we have made note and will be updating it shortly.
You will receive an email receipt of your application.
- Hiring supervisors will review applications and invite select candidates to interview.
- Interviews may take place in person, or by phone or Skype.
- All applicants should receive information on the status of their application about 1 month after the application deadline.
- Make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is added to your contact or safe email list.
Call 703.937.6304 or 1.800.404.8461 or email email@example.com.
The Wolf Trap Internship Program is funded in part by the Rubenstein Next Generation Initiative, ExxonMobil Corporation, The Dick & Betsy DeVos Family Foundation, Something Different Contracting, and Anonymous Foundation. Funding for the Diversity Initiatives has been provided by the Anthony and Beatrice Welters Family.