Working within the Government Affairs Department, you will help facilitate planning, special initiatives, and Board relations and operations of the Wolf Trap Foundation with respect to government relations, including coordinating activities of staff and outside partners on government relations projects.
- Learn about the structure and function of a Board of Directors and its Government Relations Committee, including the role that government advocacy plays in a nonprofit organization.
- Prepare for and observe: staff planning sessions, meetings with arts and community partners and elected officials and government staff, and Board meetings.
- Accompany Director, Government Affairs to meetings with policymakers and their staffs as well as advocacy coalition activities.
- Invite government and community leaders to special event.
- Assist with cultivation and stewardship events with government officials.
- Assist with coordination of all Wolf Trap Foundation intern visits to Hill.
- Maintain project records; learn Raiser’s Edge fundraising software to track government officials.
- Assist with promotion of initiatives through writing and public interface.
- Conduct research to inform new initiatives.
Apply for this position