Wolf Trap is on track for one of the most popular seasons to date;
patrons are encouraged to order their seats soon for best availability
- From chart-toppers to family fare, comedy, classical, and classic rock, Wolf Trap welcomes arts and entertainment fans from across the Washington region
- Opening week highlights the scope, diversity, and quality of Wolf Trap, with Sheryl Crow, A.R. Rahman, Kool & The Gang and Chaka Khan, A Prairie Home Companion, and the annual Free Summer Blast-Off! concert and fireworks with the United State Marine Band
- Summer 2015 features 72 Filene Center performances, including 39 artist debuts; plus 32 Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods shows and 13 performances by Wolf Trap Opera
- Season concludes with Wolf Trap Ball, hosted by Italian Embassy, on stage at the Filene Center September 19
Vienna, Va. (May 20, 2015) – Pack your picnic, grab your friends, and get ready for cool shows on star-filled summer nights! Summer officially begins this Friday for Washington-area music lovers, when Wolf Trap opens the Summer 2015 season on the Filene Center stage at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.
“Anticipation for Summer 2015 has been building for months,” said Arvind Manocha, president and CEO of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts. “We’re seeing unprecedented ticket demand, with several performances already sold out or close to selling out. We want everyone to have the chance to experience the beauty, excitement, and fun of Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, so we encourage patrons to take a look at the calendar, coordinate with friends and family, and get their tickets.”
The Filene Center season begins this Friday and Saturday with Garrison Keillor and A Prairie Home Companion, a season-opening tradition since 2001. Editors’ note: Mr. Keillor will speak at the National Press Club at an NPC luncheon beginning at 11:30 a.m. Friday, May 22. Visit www.press.org for more information.
Opening week also features back-to-back sold-out appearances by multi-Platinum artists Sheryl Crow (May 26) and A.R. Rahman (May 29), and performances by Kool & The Gang and Chaka Khan (May 30). On Sunday, May 24, Wolf Trap hosts the annual free Summer Blast-Off!, featuring “The President’s Own” United States Marine Corps Band followed by a fireworks display.
The Filene Center season features 72 acts and 39 Wolf Trap debuts, allowing audiences to experience many artists new to Wolf Trap. Artist debuts include: YouTube phenom Lindsey Stirling (June 18), tween-and-teen favorites R5 (July 12), 80s icons Culture Club (August 20), Grammy-winning country stars Little Big Town (August 15), acclaimed Cuban cultural export Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club (August 29), and chart-topper Kelly Clarkson with Pentatonix (September 12-13). Returning favorites include Broadway songstress Audra McDonald with the National Symphony Orchestra (June 22), rocker John Fogerty on his 1969 tour (June 30), singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile with the breakthrough Swedish neo-folk duo First Aid Kit (July 22), R&B artist Jill Scott (July 29), and 10-time Grammy award-winner Santana (August 25).
In addition to the Filene Center season, Wolf Trap also offers Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, which runs June 23 through August 8, and performances at The Barns at Wolf Trap by Wolf Trap Opera, one of the most highly acclaimed artist training programs in the nation.
Following 116 shows across all venues, the Summer 2015 season will conclude September 19 with the Wolf Trap Ball, Wolf Trap’s major fundraising event in support of its award-winning arts, education, and community programs. Held on stage at the Filene Center, this unique charitable event will be hosted by the Embassy of Italy and chaired by Wolf Trap Board Members Hillary Baltimore and Charles Prow.
“Where else can you see such a breadth of top-notch performances in a stunningly beautiful setting? I can’t wait to welcome our artists and audiences to Wolf Trap for what is sure to be an incredible summer,” said Manocha.
- The Filene Center at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts is located at 1551 Trap Road, Vienna, VA.
- Getting to Wolf Trap has never been easier: Wolf Trap is accessible by car, bus, and Metro. Parking is free. Visit www.wolftrap.org/directions for complete details.
- Patrons are welcomed and encouraged to bring their own food and drink, including alcoholic beverages. Wolf Trap’s OVATIONS restaurant and concessions are also available onsite. Visit www.wolftrap.org/dining.
- Tickets for performances at the Filene Center start at $10 for lawn tickets. Pricing varies by performance and seat location. See wolftrap.org for complete details. Tickets may be purchased:
- Online at wolftrap.org
- By phone at 877.WOLFTRAP
- In-person at the Filene Center Box Office, 1551 Trap Road, Vienna, VA. All ticket service charges are waived for in-person purchases.
(Please do not publish)
Wolf Trap’s Summer 2015 Press Kit, including press calendars with descriptors, individual show pricing, and high-resolution images are available online at www.wolftrap.org/press-and-media.
Media inquiries, including requests for interviews and/or to cover performances, may be directed to:
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, produces and presents a full range of performance and education programs in the Greater Washington area, as well as nationally. Wolf Trap features three performance venues: the outdoor Filene Center and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, both located at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, and The Barns at Wolf Trap, located down the road from the national park and adjacent to the Center for Education at Wolf Trap. The 7,028-seat Filene Center is operated in partnership with the National Park Service and annually showcases an extensive array of diverse artists, ranging from pop, country, folk, and blues to classical music, dance, and theatre, as well as multimedia presentations, from May through September. The Barns at Wolf Trap is operated by the Wolf Trap Foundation year round, and during the summer months is home to the Grammy-nominated Wolf Trap Opera, one of America’s outstanding resident ensemble programs for young opera singers. Wolf Trap’s education programs include the nationally acclaimed Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, a diverse array of arts education classes, grants, and a nationally recognized internship program.