- Dolly Parton, Bob Dylan, Don Henley, and more join a summer-long celebration of the National Park Service Centennial
- To mark the 100th birthday of the National Park Service on August 25, Wolf Trap presents a weekend of performances by Ricky Martin, Aretha Franklin and Bonnie Raitt
- Additions to Summer 2016 lineup also include Grammy-winning Latin artist Carlos Vives and jazz artist Boney James
- Family friendly performances include Disney in Concert with the Wolf Trap Orchestra and a screening of Star Trek Into Darkness with the National Symphony Orchestra
- Wolf Trap’s new Young at Arts program invites families to introduce their children to the performing arts by offering one free youth ticket for each adult ticket purchased to select performances – including American Ballet Theatre presenting Romeo and Juliet, Riverdance, Asha Bhosle, The Firebird, Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis and more
- Unprecedented early demand: Flight of the Conchords, Paul Simon, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! and Bonnie Raitt are sold out; Jackson Browne and Harry Connick Jr. have limited availability
- Several previously announced shows are on sale now – including Tony Bennett, Ray LaMontagne, American Ballet Theatre presenting Romeo and Juliet, Sufjan Stevens, Raiders of the Lost Ark with the National Symphony Orchestra, and DreamWorks Animation in Concert with the National Symphony Orchestra
- Look for Wolf Trap in your community at events across the region, including the Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival in Reston, Picnic in the Park at Farragut Fridays in the District, Celebrate Fairfax!, and more
Most performances on sale now
Newly announced shows on sale to the public Saturday, April 23; Member presales begin April 18
Vienna, Virginia (April 7, 2016) – Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts announces new Summer 2016 performances at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, including additional acts on the Filene Center stage, the complete Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods schedule, and a promotional events schedule. A complete press kit, print-ready photography, and a chronological calendar may be found here, with newly announced shows notated. Ticketing information is below.
“Summer 2016 features iconic artists whose music mirrors the majesty and diversity of our national parks,” said Arvind Manocha, president and CEO of Wolf Trap Foundation. “That diversity may be most evident in birthday weekend celebrations August 25-27, featuring back-to-back performances by Ricky Martin, Aretha Franklin, and Bonnie Raitt. We can’t think of a better way to say ‘happy birthday’ than by bringing people together to enjoy the artists they love at America’s only national park of the performing arts.”
New acts added to the Filene Center season include acclaimed country music star Dolly Parton, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legend Bob Dylan with R&B and gospel singer Mavis Staples, Grammy-award winning Latin artist Carlos Vives, Latin pop star Ricky Martin, queen of soul Aretha Franklin, founding member of the Eagles Don Henley, and more. In total, 45 artists make Wolf Trap debuts, including Flight of the Conchords, Paul Simon, Sufjan Stevens, and Leon Bridges.
The complete schedule for Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods was also announced. Nestled behind the Filene Center, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods is a Washington-area tradition for children and families. The 2016 season features diverse acts ranging from puppetry, storytelling, dance, theater, folk, and “Kindie”-rock, with performances six days a week, June 21 to August 6. A press release and calendar for Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods may be found here.
Previously announced performances are on sale now, and the Wolf Trap Box Office is experiencing unprecedented early demand. Flight of the Conchords, Paul Simon, Bonnie Raitt and Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! are sold-out, and several performances have limited availability, including Jackson Browne and Harry Connick Jr. Patrons are encouraged to purchase tickets early for best availability. Tickets for newly announced performances go on sale to members (donors of $75 and up) beginning Monday, April 18, and are available to the general public online, by phone and in-person beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 23.
Throughout the spring and summer, Wolf Trap will participate in community events across the region, including Farragut Fridays and Jazz at Franklin Park in the District, the Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival in Reston, and the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival in Fairfax. These events will feature music, food trucks or concession options, lawn games, and chances to win tickets to performances at the Filene Center.
In addition to offsite events, Wolf Trap will host events prior to select performances at the Filene Center, including Date Night at Wolf Trap before American Ballet Theatre’s Romeo and Juliet on July 16 and several Pre-Performance Discussions before select National Symphony Orchestra, Wolf Trap Opera, and other performances.
Ticketing and On-Sale Information
- Tickets for newly announced performances go on sale to the public on Saturday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. Member (donor) presales for newly announced shows begin Monday, April 18.
- Tickets for previously announced performances are on sale now. Pricing varies by performance and seat location. See performance listings at WolfTrap.org or the calendar for individual show prices.
- Wolf Trap members have access to exclusive presales and may purchase tickets in advance of the general public. Memberships start at $75. For more information, visit WolfTrap.org/membership.
Tickets may be purchased:
- Online at WolfTrap.org
- By phone at 877.WOLFTRAP
- In-person at the Filene Center Box Office, 1551 Trap Road, Vienna, VA
Wolf Trap’s 2016 season is made possible by generous support from the following
Wolf Trap Foundation Official Sponsors and Partners:
Dan and Gayle D’Aniello, Wolf Trap 2016 Season Underwriters
The PNC Foundation, Premier Sponsor, 2016 Summer Season
The Boeing Company, Major Sponsor, Rock Legends Series
American Airlines, Official Airline
E. & J. Gallo Winery, Official Wine and Champagne
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, Official Hotel
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, produces and presents a full range of performance and education programs in the Greater Washington area, as well as nationally. Wolf Trap features three performance venues: the outdoor Filene Center and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, both located at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, and The Barns at Wolf Trap, located down the road from the national park and adjacent to the Center for Education at Wolf Trap. The 7,028-seat Filene Center is operated in partnership with the National Park Service and annually showcases an extensive array of diverse artists, ranging from pop, country, folk, and blues to classical music, dance, and theatre, as well as multimedia presentations, from May through September. The Barns at Wolf Trap is operated by the Wolf Trap Foundation year round, and during the summer months is home to the Grammy-nominated Wolf Trap Opera, one of America’s outstanding resident ensemble programs for young opera singers. Wolf Trap’s education programs include the nationally acclaimed Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, a diverse array of arts education classes, grants, and a nationally recognized internship program.
(Please do not publish contact information)
- High-resolution artist and venue images are available in Wolf Trap’s online newsroom or may be provided upon request.
- Complete performance information is online at WolfTrap.org, and included in the attached press calendar.
- Interviews with artists may be available upon request and by arrangement with the Wolf Trap PR team.
- Requests for complimentary Press Tickets will be accepted beginning April 25, 2016.