The Education interns will work closely with the Wolf Trap Education team to facilitate and promote a wide range of programs for learners of all ages—from children and families to college students and teachers. Depending on the intern’s area of interest, they will work with the Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts or the Internships and Community Programs team. Projects specific to each team can be found below:
Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts
Internships and Community Programs
- Support planning and coordination of Institute services (local, national, and international) to include classroom residencies and trainings, professional development workshops and trainings, family involvement workshops, Institute events, and special projects.
- Assist in coordination of resource development, logistical planning and communication for services, professional development trainings, and events for National and Affiliate Services, DC/MD/VA Program, and Professional Development Trainings.
- Collect survey responses, compile and evaluate data, and assist with program reporting to share program efficacy and impact with partners, funders/donors, and national affiliates.
- Collaborate with Institute team to support special initiatives and program improvement addressing partner priorities and national trends in early childhood and arts-integrated education
- Participate in opportunities to deepen understanding of Institute programs such as residency planning meetings, teaching artist professional development trainings, and observations of Institute programs in early childhood classrooms/centers.
- Create and edit content for print materials and social media outlets.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the Internship and Apprenticeship Program, Grants for High School Performing Arts Teachers, Field Trips, and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods
- Coordinate and implement networking events for the Internship and Apprenticeship Program
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods and the Internship and Apprenticeship Program
- Research prospective artists for future seasons of Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods