- Jill Scott, Culture Club, Kristin Chenoweth and Ingrid Michaelson join a summer lineup that includes previously announced chart-toppers Kelly Clarkson, Santana, Diana Krall, Sheryl Crow, David Gray, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Brandi Carlile and Little Big Town
- R&B legends include Gladys Knight and The O’Jays and Patti LaBelle with The Jones Family Singers
- ZZ Top and Counting Crows added to rock lineup that includes Peter Frampton, Steve Miller Band, John Fogerty and The Beach Boys
- Rodrigo y Gabriela and The Gipsy Kings add Latin flare to a slate of international arts and artists including Cuba’s Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club, the National Ballet of China, and India’s A.R. Rahman
- Family friendly performances include Radio Disney favorite R5 and Disney in Concert: Magical Moments from the Movies with the Wolf Trap Orchestra, plus screenings of Pokémon Live, Star Trek and Back to the Future (30th Anniversary) with the National Symphony Orchestra
- Returning favorites include Pink Martini, Guster, Indigo Girls, and the Under the Sun Tour with Sugar Ray, Better Than Ezra, Uncle Kracker and Eve 6
- Unprecedented early demand for Summer 2015 performances: Santana, Kelly Clarkson (9/12) and Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! are sold-out; limited availability for “Weird Al” Yankovic, Jim Gaffigan, Sheryl Crow, Jackson Browne, John Fogerty and A.R. Rahman
Tickets go on sale to the public Saturday, April 25
Vienna, Virginia (April 9, 2015) – Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts announces new Summer 2015 performances at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, including additional acts on the Filene Center stage and the complete Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods schedule. A complete press kit, print-ready photography, and a chronological calendar may be found here, with newly announced shows notated. Ticketing information is below.
“Quality, diversity and accessibility are the hallmarks of Wolf Trap’s 2015 season and we can’t wait for the fun to begin,” said Arvind Manocha, president and CEO of Wolf Trap Foundation. “There’s nothing better than a summer night at America’s National Park for the Performing Arts.”
Sixteen new acts have been added to the Filene Center season including Grammy winning R&B singer Jill Scott; 1980s icon Culture Club on a rare U.S. tour; Broadway songstress Kristin Chenoweth; and indie-pop songwriter Ingrid Michaelson. In total, 71 main-stage performances are scheduled, with 18 headliner debuts, including Kelly Clarkson with Pentatonix, Lindsey Stirling, “Weird Al” Yankovic, Kool & The Gang and Chaka Khan.
The complete schedule for Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods was also announced. Nestled behind the Filene Center, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods is a Washington-area tradition for children and families. The 2015 season features diverse acts ranging from puppetry, storytelling, dance, theater, folk, and “Kindie”-rock, with performances six days a week, June 23 to August 8. A full press release and calendar for Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods may be found here.
Wolf Trap is deeply committed to diversity in programming, access points for music lovers of all kinds, and affordability, with ticket prices starting at $8 for Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods shows and $10 for lawn seats at the Filene Center. The outdoor season at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts is made possible through a longstanding public-private partnership between Wolf Trap Foundation and the National Park Service.
Previously announced performances are on sale now, and the Wolf Trap Box Office is experiencing unprecedented early demand. Santana, Kelly Clarkson (9/12) and Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! are sold-out, and several performances have limited availability, including “Weird Al” Yankovic, Jim Gaffigan, Sheryl Crow, Jackson Browne, John Fogerty and A.R. Rahman. Interested patrons are encouraged to purchase tickets early for best availability.
Tickets for newly announced performances go on sale to members (donors of $75 and up) beginning Monday, April 20, and are available to the general public online, by phone and in-person beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 25.
Ticketing and On-Sale Information
- Tickets for newly announced performances go on sale to the public on Saturday, April 25 at 10:00 a.m. Member (donor) presales for newly announced shows begin Monday, April 20.
- Tickets for previously announced performances are on sale now.
- Tickets for performances at the Filene Center start at $10 for lawn tickets. Pricing varies by performance and seat location. See performance listings at WolfTrap.org or the press calendar for individual show prices.
- Wolf Trap members have access to exclusive presales and may purchase tickets in advance of the general public. Memberships start at $75. For more information, visit WolfTrap.org/membership.
Tickets may be purchased:
- Online at WolfTrap.org
- By phone at 877.WOLFTRAP
- In-person at the Filene Center Box Office, 1551 Trap Road, Vienna, VA
Wolf Trap’s 2015 season is made possible by generous support from the following
Wolf Trap Foundation Official Sponsors and Partners:
PNC, Premier Sponsor, 2015 Summer Season – celebrating 10 seasons of partnership
Dan and Gayle D’Aniello, Wolf Trap Opera Season Underwriters
American Airlines Official Airlines
The Boeing Company Major Sponsor, Rock Legends
E & J Gallo Winery Official Wine & Champagne
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner Official Hotel
WAMU 88.5 Official Media Sponsor, A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor and Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, produces and presents a full range of performance and education programs in the Greater Washington area, as well as nationally. Wolf Trap features three performance venues: the outdoor Filene Center and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, both located at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, and The Barns at Wolf Trap, located down the road from the national park and adjacent to the Center for Education at Wolf Trap. The 7,028-seat Filene Center is operated in partnership with the National Park Service and annually showcases an extensive array of diverse artists, ranging from pop, country, folk, and blues to classical music, dance, and theatre, as well as multimedia presentations, from May through September. The Barns at Wolf Trap is operated by the Wolf Trap Foundation year round, and during the summer months is home to the Grammy-nominated Wolf Trap Opera, one of America’s outstanding resident ensemble programs for young opera singers. Wolf Trap’s education programs include the nationally acclaimed Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, a diverse array of arts education classes, grants, and a nationally recognized internship program.
(Please do not publish contact information)