Tickets go on-sale to the public on February 19, 2022
- Musicians, comedians, and quiz shows take the Filene Center stage for multi-night performances including world-renowned artist Sting, blues singer Bonnie Raitt, National Public Radio’s Wait, Wait… Don’t Tell Me, comedic icons Steve Martin and Martin Short, and country superstars Sheryl Crow and Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
- Summer 2022 continues with debut performances from Black Violin, folk singer Ben Rector, The Head and the Heart, Japanese Breakfast, Iron & Wine, The Decemberists, and R&B star Fantasia
- Original Kings of Go-Go showcases the official soundtrack of the DC region with a lineup of the area’s legendary Go-Go artists featuring Trouble Funk, E.U. with Sugar Bear, Junkyard Band, and DJ Wroyal and the Queens of Go-Go Fitness
- A Juneteenth Celebration with Thee Phantom and the Illharmonic Orchestra celebrates the historical event while combining hip-hop with classical music featuring some of the best musicians from across the country
- International artists comprise India’s A.R. Rahman, the musical collective The Silk Road Ensemble with Rhiannon Giddens, Mexican singer Ana Gabriel, and France’s Gipsy Kings
- Stage and screen musicals will fill the Filene Center with the Tony Award-winning production Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, and audience favorite Sing-A-Long Sound of Music
- Collaborations continue with a new installment of Broadway In The Park, from Signature Theatre and Wolf Trap, and An Evening with The Washington Ballet, with the Wolf Trap Orchestra
- Returning favorites include blues and rock group Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Beach Boys, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, country and folk singers Mary Chapin Carpenter and Emmylou Harris, pop artists Fitz and the Tantrums, smooth rockers Yacht Rock Revue, and Jackson Browne
- Wolf Trap Opera’s summer season features Verdi’s masterpiece La traviata, joined by the National Symphony Orchestra on the Filene Center stage, Weber’s Der Freischütz (The Marksman) and Susannah by American composer Carlisle Floyd
- National Symphony Orchestra summer appearances at Wolf Trap include Gil Shaham plays Tchaikovsky, Yo-Yo Ma and Paquito D’Rivera featuring the world premiere of an original composition by D’Rivera, as well as Pink Martini and family film nights of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince™ In Concert, Disney and Pixar's Toy Story In Concert, and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back In Concert
Vienna, Virginia (February 1, 2022) – Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts today announced the first Summer 2022 Filene Center performances at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.
“Wolf Trap continues to be an integral part of the summer experience for the DC metro region,” said Arvind Manocha, president and CEO of Wolf Trap Foundation. “We are so very excited to present not only a full slate of artists at the Filene Center for audiences, but also a full Wolf Trap Opera season including performances at The Barns at Wolf Trap. After the past couple of years it is going to be especially important to gather as a community, experience nature, and just enjoy great music. We look forward to welcoming patrons back to the Park in May – and stay tuned as more can’t miss shows are announced this spring.”
As America’s only national park for the performing arts, Wolf Trap is deeply committed to diversity in programming and accessibility for music lovers of all kinds. The 2022 summer season at the 7,028-seat Filene Center is made possible through a public-private partnership between the nonprofit Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts and the National Park Service.
The 2022 season at Wolf Trap features a number of partnerships and collaborations with area arts organizations, drawing attention to the rich depth of talent in the metro region. In addition to a summer residency of the Foundation’s longest standing artistic partner, the National Symphony Orchestra, the season will also feature a partnerships with Arlington, Virginia’s Signature Theatre for Broadway In The Park and a special presentation featuring The Washington Ballet. In addition, the summer season will kick off with a celebration of Go-Go music with the Original Kings of Go-Go, showcasing the region’s historic connection to this widely celebrated music, featuring Trouble Funk, E.U. with Sugar Bear, Junkyard Band, DJ Wroyal and the Queens of Go-Go Fitness (May 28.)
Tickets go on sale to the general public beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday, February 19; Wolf Trap members (donors of $80 and up) have access to presales and are beginning to purchase tickets now. Patrons will be able to choose from an updated orchestra seating arrangement this season, with added aisles for ease of access. Select previously announced and rescheduled performances are on sale now. A complete calendar of performances may be found at wolftrap.org/calendar and a press release dedicated to Wolf Trap Opera, Symphony and Dance is here. Ticketing information and links to print-ready photography are below.
Ticketing and On-Sale Information
- Tickets for these performances go on sale to the public on Friday, February 19, at 10 AM at wolftrap.org.
- Wolf Trap Patron Services can be reached at email@example.com or by calling 703.255.1868, Monday – Friday from 10AM to 4PM for questions or concerns.
- Pricing varies by performance and seat location, and are subject to change. See individual performance listings online in Wolf Trap’s website calendar for prices.
- Wolf Trap members have access to exclusive presales and may purchase tickets in advance of the general public. Memberships with presale access start at $80 and are tax-deductible less the value of goods and services provided. For more information, visit wolftrap.org/membership. Additional information, amenities, and protocols will be posted to the Wolf Trap website as they become available
Wolf Trap’s COVID-19 protocols and policies are subject to change based on the CDC, Virginia, and National Park Service policies. Please check the 2022 Health and Safety Policies and Guidelines prior to your performance for the most up-to-date information.
Wolf Trap’s 2022 season is made possible by generous support from the following
Wolf Trap Foundation Official Sponsors and Partners:
Dan and Gayle D’Aniello, Wolf Trap 2022 Season Underwriters
The PNC Foundation, Premier Sponsor, 2022 Summer Season
The Boeing Company, Major Sponsor, Boeing Salutes Series
American Airlines, Official Airline
Steinway, Official Pianos
About Wolf Trap
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, produces and presents a full range of performance and education programs in the Greater Washington area, as well as nationally. Wolf Trap features three performance venues: the outdoor Filene Center and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, both located at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, and The Barns at Wolf Trap, located down the road from the national park and adjacent to the Center for Education at Wolf Trap. The 7,028-seat Filene Center is operated in partnership with the National Park Service and annually showcases an extensive array of diverse artists, ranging from pop, country, folk, and blues to classical music, dance, and theatre, as well as multimedia presentations, from May through September. The Barns at Wolf Trap is operated by Wolf Trap Foundation year-round, and during the summer months is home to the Grammy-nominated Wolf Trap Opera, one of America’s outstanding professional training programs for early career opera singers. Wolf Trap’s education programs include the nationally acclaimed Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, a diverse array of arts education classes, grants, and a nationally recognized internship program.
Contact (not for publication):
Erick Hoffman, Director, Communications
O) 703.255.1917, C) 541.731.4666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan Elwell, Media Relations Manager
Jo LaBrecque, Vice President, Communications and Marketing
O) 703.255.1997 or email@example.com
WIZARDING WORLD and all related trademarks, characters, names, and indicia are © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Publishing Rights © JKR. (s22)
Presentation licensed by Disney Concerts in association with 20th Century Fox, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Warner/Chappell Music. © 1980 & TM LUCASFILM LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © DISNEY.
Presentation licensed by Disney Concerts © All rights reserved.