Tickets go on sale to the public on February 17, 2023
- Brandi Carlile headlines Wolf Trap’s Out & About Festival, a two-day celebration of music, nature and pride across three outdoor stages featuring Yola, Lucius, Jake Wesley Rogers and more
- Some of America’s best loved singer/songwriters take center stage: melodic pop artist Jason Mraz in his Wolf Trap debut; Gen-X touchstone Tori Amos with her Ocean to Ocean tour; and southern folk rockers Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
- Legends light up the Park including R&B royalty Charlie Wilson and Babyface; genre-spanning innovators Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue and Ziggy Marley with support from fan-favorite Mavis Staples; and farewell tours from bluesman Buddy Guy and hit-maker Kenny Loggins
- International artists making Wolf Trap debuts include Indo-jazz supergroup Shakti, featuring John McLaughlin and Zakir Hussain on their 50th anniversary tour, and eclectic Brazilian pop and samba artist Marisa Monte
- The National Symphony Orchestra summer residency features acclaimed violinist Hilary Hahn in her Wolf Trap debut, the return of Lyle Lovett and his Large Band, and Holst’s The Planets with an HD film from NASA’s space explorations, in addition to beloved NSO movie nights featuring Star Wars: Return of the Jedi in Concert, Jurassic Park™ in Concert, and two nights celebrating iconic scores and scenes from Studio Ghibli, including Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and more, led by the composer himself, Joe Hisaishi
- American Ballet Theatre shines with ballet’s brightest stars in the tragically beautiful Giselle; Richmond Ballet joins the Richmond Symphony and Chorus in the masterful Carmina Burana; and Signature Theatre returns for the third annual Broadway in the Park featuring Tony-winner Lea Salonga
- Wolf Trap Opera’s season features Mozart’s Don Giovanni at the Filene Center, new productions of Handel’s drama Semele and Gounod’s Faust at The Barns, plus intimate, immersive recitals
Vienna, Virginia (January 31, 2023) – Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts announced today the first Summer 2023 Filene Center performances at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.
“The shows we’re announcing today are quintessentially ‘Wolf Trap,’ with extraordinary artists spanning genres and generations,” said Arvind Manocha, President and CEO of Wolf Trap Foundation. “Now is the perfect moment to call your friends and family, and make plans to hear your favorite artists live in one of the most beautiful settings in the country. We can’t wait to see you.”
In addition to the more than 50 artists announced today, Summer 2023 will feature the Out & About Festival, a new weekend festival celebrating music, nature, and pride headlined by multi-Grammy Award winner Brandi Carlile (June 24 + 25). Produced and presented by Wolf Trap Foundation, this two-day, family-friendly festival features eleven LGBTQ+ artists and allies across three outdoor stages. Additional information may be found here.
Tickets for all announced performances go on sale to the public on Friday, February 17 at 10 AM.
The 2023 season at Wolf Trap’s 7,028-seat Filene Center is made possible through a public-private partnership between the nonprofit Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts and the National Park Service. Since 1971, Wolf Trap has continued its commitment to diverse programming and accessibility for music lovers of all kinds.
Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods performances and additional Summer 2023 artists to be announced in the coming months.
A complete calendar of performances announced to date may be found at wolftrap.org/calendar and press releases dedicated to Wolf Trap Opera, Symphony and Dance and the Out & About Festival may be found here. Ticketing information and links to print-ready photography are below.
Ticketing and On-Sale Information
- Tickets for these performances go on sale to the public on Friday, February 17, at 10 AM at wolftrap.org.
- Wolf Trap members (donors of $80 and up) have access to presales and are beginning to purchase tickets now.
Wolf Trap’s 2023 season is made possible by generous support from the following
Wolf Trap Foundation Official Sponsors and Partners:
Dan and Gayle D’Aniello, Wolf Trap 2023 Season Underwriters
The PNC Foundation, Premier Sponsor, 2023 Summer Season
The Boeing Company, Major Sponsor, Boeing Salutes Series
American Airlines, Official Airline
Steinway, Official Pianos
About Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, produces and presents a full range of performance and education programs in the Greater Washington area, as well as nationally. Wolf Trap features four performance venues: the outdoor Filene Center, Meadow Stage, and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, located at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, and The Barns at Wolf Trap, located down the road from the national park and adjacent to the Center for Education at Wolf Trap. The Filene Center, Meadow Stage, and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods are operated in partnership with the National Park Service and annually showcase an extensive array of diverse artists, ranging from pop, country, folk, and blues to classical music, dance, and theatre, as well as multimedia presentations, from May through September. The Barns at Wolf Trap is operated by Wolf Trap Foundation year-round, and during the summer months is home to the Grammy-nominated Wolf Trap Opera, one of America’s outstanding professional training programs for early career opera singers. Wolf Trap’s education programs include the nationally acclaimed Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, a diverse array of arts education classes, grants, and a nationally recognized internship program.
Contact (not for publication):
Morgan Elwell, Media Relations Manager
Jo LaBrecque, Vice President, Communications and Marketing
O) 703.255.1997 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Wars © 1983 & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
Presentation licensed by Disney Concerts in association with 20th Century Fox
Film Corp, Lucasfilm and Warner/Chappell Music. © All rights reserved.
Jurassic Park © Universal City Studios LLC and Amblin Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.